"Cucumber, Jicama & Orange Salad"
The South American fruit jicama is like a cross between an apple and a potato and is perfect with cucumber.
1 medium jicama bulb; peeled, cut in 2 inch batons
2 large cucumbers, peeled, cut in 2 inch batons
1 medium red onion, sliced
11/2 cup orange segments
1 Jalapeno; ribs & seeds removed, finely chopped
1/2 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
1t True Lemon (or 2 packets)
2 medium garlic cloves, minced
2T fresh mint leaves, chopped
1T white balsamic vinegar
1/2 cup olive oil
lots of freshly ground black pepper
- Combine all ingredients for dressing in a bowl. Whisk vigorously.
- Place all ingredients for salad in large bowl
- Drizzle one half of dressing over salad and toss well.
- Add remaining dressing as needed and retoss.
- Recipes By Product
- Main Ingredients
- Diane Henderiks' Recipes
- Cooking With Caitlin Recipes
- Recipe Contests